Racing Victoria (RV) is one of Australia’s leading sporting organisations, we are the independent governing body of thoroughbred racing in Victoria. RV exists to develop, promote and grow the sport of the racing in Victoria. Racing Victoria’s globally celebrated Spring Racing Carnival and Festival of Racing hold a special place in the hearts of Melbournians, and are centrepieces in Australia’s sporting and social calendars
Our Finance Operations team is seeking a dynamic Operations Accountant to support financial sustainability across RV with a focus on growth opportunities.
This role will be responsible for contributing to the financial sustainability of the industry by providing accurate and timely professional accounting support to the Finance Operations team.
A bit about you:
- Formal Accounting qualification.
- Member of a recognised accounting body – CA or CPA.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of accounting standards.
- Demonstrated proven practical experience using ERP accounting software, preferably Dynamics GP/Sage.
- Proven analytical problem-solving skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Competence with Microsoft Office in programs, in particular Excel.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tool, preferably TM1 would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills which facilitate effective interaction and communication with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Team focused with sound organisational skills, and the ability to undertake multiple activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of customer service.
- Knowledge of thoroughbred racing an advantage.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to join an industry leading and iconic sports organisation
- Market competitive remuneration
- Industry ticketing to race meetings every day of the year
- On-site and employer subsidised cafe and free on-site car parking
- Genuine work/life balance with flexible work practices and a collegiate, supportive team
- Support with professional and leadership development, including gender focused mentoring programs
- A convenient location well-accessed by public transport
How do I apply?
Submit your Application including a cover letter by close of business Tuesday 29 May 2018.
Contact us with any queries via firstname.lastname@example.org.